*This project was successfully completed*
Technical Assistance for Priority Populations to Implement a Norm change on Tobacco
The Technical Assistance for Priority Populations to Implement a Norm change on Tobacco (TAPP INTO) Program is a comprehensive community-competent technical assistance and training program. Based on APPEAL’s model of technical assistance and training (TAT), the TAPP INTO Program supports community organizations working with Africans, African Americans, Latinos, LGBTs, and Southeast Asians in Minnesota.
For the values and goals of the TAPP INTO program, please click here.
Technical Assistance Activities in the TAPP INTO Program include:
- Skills Building
- Capacity Building
National and Minnesota-based organizations supported by TAPP INTO
Along with APPEAL and a pool of local experts, TAPP INTO brings together three national organizations that work with priority populations:
TAPP INTO program supports the following priority population serving organizations in Minnesota:
- Comunidades Latinas Unidas En Servicio (CLUES)
- Minnesota African/African American Tobacco Education Network (MAAATEN)
- Minnesota Tobacco Free Lavender Communities (TLC)
- Statewide Tobacco Education and Engagement Project (STEEP)
To view success stories from priority population organizations funded by Blue Cross, please see below:
- Ventanilla de Salud – Health Window Program (June 2011)
- Changing Community Norms in Food for Asian Elders (February 2011)
- Fruit Bowl: An Annual Tobacco and Alcohol-free Event to Celebrate Pride Season (October 2010)
- CLUES – Fiestas de Salud Latinas Nutrition Program (April 2010)
- Tobacco Control Education and Youth Leadership Development – Comunidades Latinas Unidas en Servico (CLUES)/ Minnesota State University (MSU) Mankato Partnership Latino Students Tobacco Control Program (August 2009)
- A Model For Cross Ethnic Collaboration – The STEEP: Statewide Tobacco Education and Engagement Project (August 2009)
This work is supported by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota (Blue Cross) as part of a health improvement initiative funded by tobacco settlement dollars that addresses root causes of preventable heart disease and cancer. Blue Cross’ prevention efforts with high priority populations include a commitment to build community capacity to work on health promotion efforts.
For more information about Blue Cross’ health improvement work please visit: Prevention Minnesota
If you would like to learn more about APPEAL’s TAPP INTO program, please contact Rachel Matillano at firstname.lastname@example.org.