Asian Pacific Partners for Empowerment, Advocacy and Leadership (APPEAL) is a national health justice organization working to achieve health equity for Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, Pacific Islanders and other underserved communities.
Our website offers valuable information and resources for community members and public health professionals who want to advance parity in tobacco control and healthy eating & active living within their communities.
- Use our interactive map to find our network members throughout the world:
- Save the Date! APPEAL will host a community fundrasing reception on June 6 in San Francisco. For more details and to RSVP, please see flyer or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join APPEAL's Twitter Chat on May 21 at 1pm Pacific to discuss "Tips for Preventing Tobacco-Related Disease in AA and NHPI Communities!" Join the conversation by using #appealtips or follow along here.
- CDC launches national tobacco education campaign. Click below to learn more:
- The Asian Smokers' Quitline offers free nationwide telephone assistance to Asian-language speakers who want to quit smoking. For Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin), call 1-800-838-8917. For Korean, call 1-800-556-5564. For Vietnamese, call 1-800-778-8440. To learn more, please visit www.asiansmokersquitline.org.
- Join the APPEAL team! The following position(s) are open:Health Communications Coordinator
- Have you visited the newly updated National Networks for Tobacco Control and Prevention Website yet? It contains a wealth of information on tobacco control and priority populations. Please visit the site at: www.tobaccopreventionnetworks.org and tell us what you think by completing the survey (top, right corner of the homepage).
- Check out the latest edition of APPEAL's newsletter: A Global APPEAL
In this section, you will find ways to participate in and get involved with activities and initiatives that affect tobacco control, food and active living policy, and the AA and NHPI community as a whole.